under RedHat 7.0
By D. Lyon
- Update the /etc/samba/smb.conf file. Here is what I
used. Careful to change the domains and
user names (search for lyon to find where I share /home/lyon).
Client domains must match samba domains!
- Type testparam. You will see something like
- Type smbadduser lyon:lyon
- Type smbadduser root:root
- Alter the file /etc/xinetd.d/swat so that disable =
- Give your client a fixed IP address (in an allowable
- Type /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb restart
- Browse the network and find your samba server from the client.