The Lab NoteBook
The Lab notebook is an essential part of your daily journal. You
keep the lab notebook as follows:
- 1. Get a sprial bound note book, with lined paper.
- 2. Number all the pages.
- 3. Reserve the first 10 pages as the table of contents.
- 4. Write table of contents on the first 10 pages.
- 5. When ever you make an entry into the notebook, date the entry.
- 6. Whenever you make a discovery, show it, in the notebook, to a
friend. Have them sign over a straight line that has their name
Read and Understood _____________
Name: Persons' name
- 7. Use the table of contents to organize the notebook.
This is the correct procedure to legally document inventions for a
court of law. It is also very good to title and date your notebooks.
Keep them forever. Never tear a page out of a notebook.
All good engineers should have a notebook.